Senior Power Electronics Engineer
A Fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic team in Warwickshire as a Senior Power Electronics Engineer, working on high-speed electric motors for the Automotive & Aerospace industries, in this very important role. As this client expand and transition to volume manufacturing, this role will be crucial in ensuring there success. Responsibilities include the design, validation and documentation of electronic circuits to support this clients compressors. A Degree in Engineering or Science related discipline is a minimum. Experience motor drive design is an advantage. We offer a competitive salary, a friendly and ambitious team, and the opportunity to gain first-hand experience of working with novel technology for Hydrogen Fuel Cell Systems.
- Be responsible for technical ownership of power electronic circuits, through concept, development and validation.
- Provide technical delivery of development activities to meet timescales and cost targets for R&D products and customer projects.
- Support system integration by providing debugging capability and validation support.
- Support the planning of power electronics related activities.
- Lead design and functional safety activities.
- Degree qualified in an Engineering or Science related discipline as a minimum.
- Extensive experience of power electronics design, at least 5 years, preferably 10.
- Experience in motor drive design a particular advantage including inverters and DC-DC converters, high speed motors.
- Use of schematic capture and PCB layout tools such as Altium.
- Experience in mathematical modelling and simulation of circuits and systems, e.g., SPICE, PLECS, SiMetrix.
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Experience with electronics and ESD.
- Experience working as part of a small team.
- Experience with analogue circuit design, high voltage and current sensing techniques, different inverter topologies or Snubber Designs.
- Writing technical documentation. e.g.: Worst Case Analysis.
- Comfortable working with others at all levels in the business, with confidence to raise suggestions for improvement and highlight problems.
- Able to work on own initiative and plan own workload to achieve team goals from day to day.
- Adhere to Quality Management System (QMS) requirements.
We offer flexible working as required, but this is predominantly an onsite role.